Monday, December 31, 2007

A poem for my father....

This situation has been a tragic one, but should not be forgotten. I can either let it depress and inhibit me, or uplift and inspire me.

This is a poem I wrote for my father, and I wish I had the chance to write this before his funeral so I could have shared it with the people there:

Every day a new beginning,
Every day a precious end.
Suffer not from loss at ending;
Endings start the clock again!

Time continues, new life grows,
sprouting from old life's decay.
On to where, nobody knows;
yet unknown, it brought this day!

Let this day be one of learning,
each day worthy to defend!
For every day's a new beginning,
every day a precious end.

3 comments:

Jean Katherine Baldridge said...

that is very beautiful!

bArno said...

This is such a GREAT poem. So clear. So sincere.

the_pale said...

Greg.
I am so sorry to read about the loss of your father. My thoughts and prayers go out for you and your family. Let me know when you are in Cincinnati next time; it would be nice to reconnect with you. I enjoyed the poem very much.
Warm Regards,
Matt Bell